Glengoyne Scottish Oak Finish Batch A
Built in 1833, what is now known as Glengoyne is a Highland distillery so close to the Lowland region border that its warehouses across the road actually fall into the latter geographical category. The distillery was owned by the Lang Brothers for 89 years, who used it as provision for their blends. In that time it was also important to those of Robertson & Baxter, who would eventually acquire the site in 1966, and bottled it as a single malt for the first time in the 1970s. It was not until the 1990s that the single malt brand became the distillery’s main focus however. An eventual restructuring by Robertson & Baxter’s parent company, Edrington, saw its operations quieted, and Glengoyne was sold to Ian Macleod Distillers in 2003.
Aged around 16 years, this is Batch A of the Scottish Oak Wood Finish and was released in 2002. The Batch B release followed in 2005.