- Species: Russian sturgeon, Acipenser gueldenstaedtii
- Origins of the species: Caspian Sea, Black Sea and Azov Sea
- Size of the fish: medium-sized, can weigh from 20 to 60 kg (44 to 132 lbs)
- Roe diameter: medium to large, 2.8mm/3.2mm
- Color: brown to dark brown with warm amber tones
- Texture: velvety, firm
- Character: complex and persistent
- Aromatic notes: hazelnut, butter, sea urchin
Flavor notes: a rich, nutty, creamy flavor so prized that it sets the standard in caviar. Oscietra Classic has delicate, smooth flavors and a nuanced nuttiness with just a hint of lingering saltiness.
All grades of our Oscietra deliver the most complex flavor profile of all caviars, with a long, delicate and distinctive finish.
Recommended combination: Serve on blinis, boiled potatoes, oat cakes or unsalted water crackers to let Oscietra’s beautiful complexity reign. Serve with cuvée champagne or premium Franciacorta.
Time required to harvest: 9 to 11 years
Shelf life: 90 days, unopened, from ship date
Rated "Best Wine Shop in Los Angeles"- La Magazine 2021
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.